Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Barrel of Monkeys


Who wouldn't love a barrel of monkeys?  Well, maybe stuffed monkeys would be a little less crazy. If you are doing a monkey/jungle theme or if you're looking for a way to decorate a hallway wall or maybe even the outside of your door...then this board is for you!  
I actually made a "barrel" out of a tri-fold board and attached it to the wall.  All it took was a little trimming...I cut about 5" off each side (mostly because I didn't want it to stick out from the wall too far), but if you have room then that isn't even necessary.  Then I covered it with the weathered wood paper, I taped a long flat box (like you would use to store things under a bed) in between the board and the wall.  This adhered it and also made it really sturdy (I covered it in the wood paper too, just in case anyone looked down inside).  You may have a better idea for how to attach this, but I improvised with what was available to me at the time.  :)  In order to make the monkeys sitting on the edge of the barrel sturdy, I attached the top half of a  popsicle stick to the back of the monkey and the other half to the back of the tri-fold.  This made them stand up straighter and kept them from falling.  I also used the banana cutouts as my "trimmer."  This allowed me to cover up those yucky crooked cutting edges on the side of the board.  Here is the full list of what I used...

  • PAC56888 - Bamboo 48"X12' Fadeless Paper 
  • T16009 - Banana Cutouts
  • PAC56518 - Weathered Wood 48"X12' Fadeless Paper
  • A Tri-Fold Display Board in any color (White is usually cheapest, you'll be covering it so color is not important.)
  • T8201 - Monkey Mischief BBS
  • T79743 - 4" Yellow Playful Letters
This board was inspired by a bookmark from Trend Enterprises.  They are also the makers of the cute monkey bulletin board set!

No comments:

Post a Comment